Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Monthly Playlist? Dammit. (OR: Original Content? In My Ritalin Set? NO WAI!)

And so it's coming to be something of a tradition (and we know how well those usually do in the long run)

The following playlist stems from a conversation my dad and I had while watching a marathon of Cops and numerous car-chase shows:

Dad: "Idiots"
Me: "Rednecks?"
Dad: "Some of 'em."
Me: "That's what too much country music'll do to you."
Dad: "That or Kid Rock [note: my dad has never listened to Kid Rock and doesn't like him.]
Me: "Well, what do they listen to, anyway?"

and here is the result:

GETAWAY MUSIC!




1. Eels - "Souljacker, Part 1"
2. The Clash - "I Fought the Law"
3. Dwight Yokam - "Guitars and Cadillacs"
4. Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
5. The Offspring - "Staring at the Sun"
6. Steppenwulf - Born To Be Wild
7. We Are Scientists - "The Great Escape"
8. Editors - "Munich"
9. Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law"
10. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "Runnin' Down the Dream"
11. Queen - "Headlong"
12. Guns 'n Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
13. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
14. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
15. Jan Hammer - "Chase"
16. The Go! Team - "Junior Kickstart"
17. Nina Simone - "Sinnerman"
aaaaaand the bonus track. Naturally.


Here's you a link!


iTunes? Only if you feel like paying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heh, I would have gone with "Police On My Back". I've even used it in a lame-ass rally video I posted online...

http://www.livevideo.com/video/1651D92E4F71419D96549F644D18CE94/rbr-cote-d-arbroz-2-43-try2-.aspx

PS: "Where there is trap" back in December is from Wristcutters, right? I'm trying to hunt up an mp3 of that which is how I ended up on your site, lol...