Monday, December 10, 2007

At play with Google Analytics

Thanks to Heather Funk over at Tango Pirates & Absinthe and Hanna at You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake, I'm now checking you people and how you get here using Google Analytics. Any other bloggers are advised to follow suit - figure out what drives people to your site and all.

And be warned. I stole this idea outright from Heather.

Apparently, the people want Christmas music, and I gives them what they want. Nice to know I'm useful.

So what are people doing here?

Mostly, they aren't. I get a ton of Google searches, as will anyone. What is fun, though, is seeing which terms will yield your page in the results, and trying to figure out why someone would search for it.

"Pics of Ritalin" (1 visit)
"Quaid twins" (I don't think I gave them what they wanted)
"hot and not list 2008"(I guess I make it thanks to a mistyped title)
"crude pics" (I don't know how, I don't know why. Frankly, I don't want to.)
and my favorite, "need ritalin to write paper" (because facebook is too tempting?)

And so all...110 of you (A special thank you to the Ohio Marching Band for your help...even Tracy!), please come back. Tell your friends, tell your enemies, steal the keyboard of the kid next to you if you're in the computer lab right now and hijack their screen here. I even promise to spend a month blogging every day. And if you keep at it, I promise more crude pics.

Heh.

No comments: